User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Script to center mouse cursor

Hi,

I need some kind of script in order to center the mouse cursor on user's screen.
    Is this possible?
    -="=-="=-

Programming Since 1978 silver trophybronze trophy felgall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Do you mean you want a hand to pop out of their screen and force them to move their mouse to position the cursor in the centre of their screen (even if that isn't over your web page) or did you want something that will force the manufacturer of whatever device they are using to access the web to instantly upgrade their product to allow a mouse to be attached so that you can then force your visitors to centre the mouse on their mobile phone screen or in the headset of their web reader? If the latter how do you assign dimensions to the headphones or speaker and what do you place in it to represent the mouse cursor?
    Stephen J Chapman

javascriptexample.net, Book Reviews, follow me on Twitter
    HTML Help, CSS Help, JavaScript Help, PHP/mySQL Help, blog
    <input name="html5" type="text" required pattern="^$">

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was easyer if you replyed with a "I dont know".
    I've created this topic because I've already seen this in action in those prank websites where you're supposed to click somewhere and the mouse moves automatically.

I need this script because I dont find a solution for Sothink's DHTML menu's onclick close. So the best way is to move the mouse so the menu will close. Got it now?
    -="=-="=-

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scripting doesn't move the mouse- but it can allow you to move elements on the page toward or away from the coordinates of a mouse event.

Done ineptly it give's the user the impression (what fun) that there is something wrong with the page or his mouse

Programming Since 1978 silver trophybronze trophy felgall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemuse View Post
    It was easyer if you replyed with a "I dont know".
    I
    But saying thet I don't know would have been lying since i do know that it can only be done if you can figure out a way to do what I suggested in my reply. What I suggested in my reply would be necessary as the first step in implementing something that can change the mouse position as it can't be done without that. That what I suggested is totally impossible just shows how even more impossible what you asked for is.

All of the pages you have seen that stop people clicking on things are done by moving the objects away from the mouse and not by moving the mouse. You can move anything on a web page except the mouse.
    Stephen J Chapman

javascriptexample.net, Book Reviews, follow me on Twitter
    HTML Help, CSS Help, JavaScript Help, PHP/mySQL Help, blog
    <input name="html5" type="text" required pattern="^$">