SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Portal / Website Idea

We have websites or complete portals for most of the things like automobiles, personals, entertainment, properties and so on. Still is there anything left out or not that much popularized in the internet?
    T-R
    aSr

The I's for intelligent silver trophy iTechno's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No offense, but if I thought of one, I'd be off making it and I'm sure the same applies for the rest of the developers here .

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha Ha Ha .........!!
    T-R
    aSr

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    people are pretty unlikely to share new ideas. you're best starting with areas you're really interested in... so maybe find one with only one or two websites in existance which arn't so great and innovate a bit and make one that is worth people visiting. Or maybe make a regional version. Of course there is room for more than one good website on a particular topic, but if there is already a BIG forum you are going to find it hard!

pP

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asramnath View Post
    We have websites or complete portals for most of the things like automobiles, personals, entertainment, properties and so on. Still is there anything left out or not that much popularized in the internet?
    Most topics that are not very "popularized" online are generally within very small niche markets. It is also usually quite difficult / expensive to reach such a targeted demographic. In addition, these topics are often contained within larger more general topic areas.

Maybe what you could do is look within the major market areas that you already cover for smaller niches within. Then you would be able to promote the niche topic from your already established site on the more general topic.
    For HTML Help visit: HTML Help Central
    For Graphic Design help visit: GFXVoid.com
    If you're a GEEK then go where geeks go....