SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MySQL DB designing and programming tool

Are there any software for MySQL developers that you could recommend? I`ve been using MSSQL and its Server Management Studio makes my life easier. I can easily make diagrams during planning and creating DB structure, programming SP, Functions, Triggers... and many more in one place.

I`ve downloaded DB Designer but it seems to be good only for creating a diagrams. Of course I can generate the code for my diagram and then paste it to phpMyAdmin but... I`m looking rather for one (complex) tool which could make my work more efficient. Is there any?

Thanks for any advices in this case.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "MicroOLAP Database Designer for MySQL" is the best I've ever used, although I eventually chose to just hand-code everything in a text editor.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not that I've used it myself, yet, but DBDesigner says this in the online documentation

"What is Database Syncronisation?
    With DBDesigner 4 you can simplify the task of creating and maintaining your database. DBDesigner 4 offers the ability to connect to a MySQL server and to create and syncronize a database with the designed model.

Syncronisation means that DBDesigner 4 scans all tables in the existing database and checkes for differences. If a table is present in the model but not in the database, the according SQL CREATE TABLE statement is executed.
    If the table is not present in the model but in the database it can be deleted depending on user settings.
    If the table exists in the model and the database as well, all fields are compared and if there is a difference, the appropriate SQL ALTER TABLE statements are executed. "

http://www.fabforce.net/dbdesigner4/doc/index.html

Is that what you want? Sounds like you've got it, but not found it yet.