User Tag List

Thread: Link Exchange

SitePoint Enthusiast almtechnology's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Link Exchange

well i have started software and web Development business. But I dont have an idea about Link Exchange what is this.When i develop website for my client how i use Link Exchange in my Client's Website
    ALM TECHNOLOGY

MUHAMMAD IRFAN MOTIWALA
    CELL (92)0333 3966779

✯✯✯ silver trophybronze trophy php_daemon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Link exchange is a process of webmasters of similar (or not very) sites exchanging the links of their sites.

The process is simple: add a link to your site of the site you want to exchange links with and contact the webmaster. Not everyone will be willing to exchange links with you though. It pretty much depends on how old your site is, what traffic does it get, what page ranks do the pages have, etc.
    Saul

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure to try and at least personalize your link request emails to the site webmaster you are sending them to. I tend to ignore the ones who sound to be mass e-mailed out or sound like spam.
    My top 3: TheSkinnyWebsite, ChickLitbooks,TheSkinnyForum

Six-figure bloggin' since 2006.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google officially stated that they are discounting reciprocal link exchange and can take suitable step to counter reciprocal link exchange by any means so it is good to look for quality inbound links instead of reciprocal link exchange.
    Ref google official blog; http://googlewebmastercentral.blogsp...opularity.html

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by etechsupport View Post
    Google officially stated that they are discounting reciprocal link exchange and can take suitable step to counter reciprocal link exchange by any means so it is good to look for quality inbound links instead of reciprocal link exchange.
    Ref google official blog; http://googlewebmastercentral.blogsp...opularity.html
    I just read the link you left. Where does it mention reciprocal linking? It talks about link buying and content spamming and trying to manipulate the SEs to believe your site is more 'important' than it really is. However, if you do reciprocal linking properly, you will give links only to sites that add value for your users and receive links from similar sites to yours.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

✯✯✯ silver trophybronze trophy php_daemon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyflower View Post
    I just read the link you left. Where does it mention reciprocal linking? It talks about link buying and content spamming and trying to manipulate the SEs to believe your site is more 'important' than it really is. However, if you do reciprocal linking properly, you will give links only to sites that add value for your users and receive links from similar sites to yours.
    Well, actually there is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Official Google Webmaster Central Blog
    To sum up, even though improved algorithms have promoted a transition away from paid or exchanged links towards earned organic links, there still seems to be some confusion within the market about what the most effective link strategy is.
    Still I don't think that means you should drop link exchanges at all. I don't see nothing wrong about exchanging links with a few related sites which would benefit the users of both sites.
    Saul

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Official Google Webmaster Central Blog "Discounting non-earned links by search engines opened a new and wide field of tactics to build link-based popularity" Do you think the reciprocal links are earned links?

Also read this from same blog; "Google has tremendously refined its link-weighting algorithms. We have more people working on Google's link-weighting for quality control and to correct issues we find. So nowadays, undermining the PageRank algorithm is likely to result in the loss of the ability of link-selling sites to pass on reputation via links to other sites".

These are the hints from google and it is enough to understand what actually google want to say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by etechsupport View Post
    Originally Posted by Official Google Webmaster Central Blog "Discounting non-earned links by search engines opened a new and wide field of tactics to build link-based popularity" Do you think the reciprocal links are earned links?

Also read this from same blog; "Google has tremendously refined its link-weighting algorithms. We have more people working on Google's link-weighting for quality control and to correct issues we find. So nowadays, undermining the PageRank algorithm is likely to result in the loss of the ability of link-selling sites to pass on reputation via links to other sites".

These are the hints from google and it is enough to understand what actually google want to say.
    I disagree. Why can't a link exchange be considered an 'earned link'? If a high quality sites sees the value in my site and choses to exchange links with me, I think that should be considered earned in my opinion.

"So nowadays, undermining the PageRank algorithm is likely to result in the loss of the ability of link-selling sites to pass on reputation via links to other sites"

This statement deals with link-selling, not link exchanging.

I firmly believe exchanging links with high pr, high quality sites related to your site will always benefit you even though there are a lot of myths out there that state the contrary.