User Tag List

Thread: what can i do?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what can i do?

It. been a while since my last post here. You guyz have been great in helping setting up my site.. That's if you remeber who i am..lol

Anywayz.. i think it's been nearly 2 months and i have a total of 59 members. is that good or bad?
    The question is not all of them are posting.. I tried various things to get them started and are running out of ideas.. and suggestion on that?.. or is there any good topics that i can start to spike them up?

thanx in AD..

Gazal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ouch, You should really try to promote you site a little harder. 59 unique visitors in two months is not good. Im assuming you have submitted your page to all the search engines and posted your site in the forums of all like minded sites?
    Straight from the TP! And I don't mean the Trailer Park.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah i have submitted to the search engines.. how can i promote my site the forums???

thanx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by gazal
    yeah i have submitted to the search engines.. how can i promote my site the forums???
    Make the url in your signature clickable. (use the [ url ] tags).

Many people would just want to take a look at the site when they see the clickable sigs at the bottom..
    -*-
    B-School Forums - GMAT / MBA / Admissions discussions
    -*-

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ah ok..thanx

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know the subject of your forum, but controversy often makes readers into posters. One of my forums once had a topic about how women shouldn't work in the IT industry and many lurkers came out of the woodwork to join in with their opinions.

I assume you have a couple of identites yourself at your forum? If so, have them both create this controversy - argue with yourself!

At most of the forums I've monitored, there are an average of ten readers (minimum) to everyone who posts. You need to draw them in. Then it becomes self-generating as members tell their friends.

I'm sure you do this already but you should make sure that absolutely everyone who posts a message has an answer to their message, preferably one with a question they'll want to answer. You need to make the forum look VERY busy to attract people.

Can we see your forum? What's the URL?

(See? End all your replies with a question )

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ah so that is the trick.. end a post with a question so they can contiue on.. thanx that's neat