SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sitepoint has more whitespace for sale.

Happened to be checking out the website on my father's system while home over the holidays...and an interesting thing showed up. A lot of whitespace--enough for you guys to place yet another advert. This was on a 19" flat panel, with 1024 x 768 res. when the navigation menu wasn't hidden.

Guys, guys, guys...

You might be spending too much time promoting those really expensive books/kits and fiddling with AJAX lately. Might be time to go back to your roots and put in as much time on creating a design that doesn't break in a fully expanded browser window as you seem to in hyping new products and technologies. I'm a long-time fan...since back before Matt changed the name to Sitepoint, so I say this with the best of intentions.

I'm attaching an image of the anamalous (I hope) incident. While I understand change and the need for revenue generation, breaking and/or abandoning the guidelines, practices, and rules this site and Matt have advocated so well for a decade will slowly cause even dedicated old-timers like me to move on and look for other sites to hang out at and advocate as the paragon of design/development communities on the Net.

You guys still do it better than any other site. Just make sure growth doesn't turn to bloat.

Merry Christmas and a Happy Holidays to all of you!

Sean
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Connectionary
    Sustainable eBusiness, Economic Development, Communications
    http://www.connectionary.com/
    http://twitter.com/Connectionary

SitePoint Co-founder Matt Mickiewicz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the heads up on this.

When we return from holidays, we will try to reproduce the problem and get it fixed.
    Matt Mickiewicz - Co-Founder
    SitePoint.com - Empowering Web Developers Since 1997
    Follow me on Twitter.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the heads up, Sean.

It only seemed to occur when IE7 was scaled down below a certain width, so it slipped by us. It should be fine now.
    Alex Walker
    SitePoint Developer
    SitePoint - Learnable