SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adsense TOS question

Can I hold a contest like (download fire fox with the button below and enter a chance to win $20!) Or would that be not good? lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, that's against TOS.

Incentives

Web pages may not include incentives of any kind for users to click on ads. This includes encouraging users to click on the ads or to visit the advertisers' sites as well as drawing any undue attention to the ads. For example, your site cannot contain phrases such as "click here," "support us," "visit these links," or other similar language that could apply to any ad, regardless of content. These activities are strictly prohibited in order to avoid potential inflation of advertiser costs. In addition, publishers may not bring unnatural attention to sites displaying ads or referral buttons through unsolicited mass emails or unwanted advertisements on third-party websites. Publishers are also not permitted to use deceptive or unnatural means to draw attention to or incite clicks on referral buttons.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe i can work but they must be a new user of firefox..??!!

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    calibreeze - I'm fairly certain that TurtleX is correct, doing a contest as such is against the TOS. However I would recommend contacting Google directly!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as I can see, incentivizing CPA sign-ups is no different than incentivizing CPC clicks. There's no way to guarantee that the users you sent would be new Firefox users, or genuinely interested in downloading the browser at all.
    -- Jeremy Maddock
    SEOMix.com - Search Engine Optimization Tips
    My Blog - Business, tech, and politics from a webmaster's perspective