User Tag List

Thread: Python

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Python

Quite sad to see that Python is lumped in with other languages instead of having its own forum. I guess the Django and TurboGears users don't hang out here.

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Python developers are a minority these days.. there's just not enough discussion for its own forum. Lovely language though

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mthorn View Post
    Quite sad to see that Python is lumped in with other languages instead of having its own forum. I guess the Django and TurboGears users don't hang out here.
    More threads on a subject = higher chance of getting its own forum. There's no secret motivation behind not having a dedicated Python forum, but there is a lack of Python-related traffic that would warrant one.

chown linux:users\ /world Hartmann's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Python traffic increased for a little while and then died off, probably because of RoR making its debut (IMO).

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I work with Python and have a couple of months worth of Django under my belt. SitePoint isn't the place that it used to be anymore, when I feel like discussing Django I go to #django.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly, python is gaining major ground these days if you look at the most innovative new sites out there. Sitepoint should not be so abrasive to change.