SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suggestion - Contest entry ratings.

I've been a regular in the design contest forum for quite some time now. I've seen that forum change from time to time. The newest setup is great. There's one thing I don't like about it though. There's no quick way to see which entries the contest holder likes and dislikes without clicking and reading each one individually, which can sometimes be a major pain (some contests have 150+ entries).

Back when it was just a plain forum, it was easy to figure out what the contest holder liked because typically all feedback was right there in one post.

My suggestion would be to do one or the other:
    1. Allow the contest holder to give a rating to each entry (e.g. 1-5 stars) that would be visible in the entry index.
    2. Display the entries differently -- a sort of grid view. For example, the columns would contain things like: entry thumbnail, designer's name, and all or part of the first feedback from the contest holder for that particular entry. For each row would be a different contest entry.

Option 1 would be ideal, but would require more effort on the programming side of things. Option 2 would allow us to skim through feedback to quickly get a feel for what the contest holder likes and dislikes.

This is important to me. The way it is now, it's very time consuming to find out the style they are after. I'm sure I'm not the only one concerned about this either.

Anyhow, great work with the new contest system. With the exception of this, it's looking fantastic.

Thanks,
    Adam
    New website coming soon.
    Logos Website Design Web & Print Ads
    Photo Restoration Stationary Much More

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    well, something that Contest holders have the ability to do is remove an entry from consideration. When you look at the thumbnails, if they were removed from consideration, they appear in gray. At least they do to me. Im holding a contest now that I removed several entries from consideration.

http://www.sitepoint.com/marketplace/contest/577

Do you see them as gray?
    Sara