SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Script for user to build their own html page

I am looking for a script for the end user to build thier own page by picking a background and then choosing from a library of pictures. The administrator would be able to add pics to the library.
    I don't really want to build it from scratch, so if there is something out there already that allows the user to do this it would be great.
    Essentially the user would be able to make their own sales sheets.
    Thanks..I thought I posted this question already but don't see it, so I appologize if this is in here twice.
    Thanks!

Keep Moving Forward gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think your answer mostly depends on what you have built so far.

I use a WYSIWYG text-editor thingy called TinyMCE (google it) to allow users to make/edit webpages and content.

TinyMCE is extremely easy to install and implement, so maybe there's a way you can integrate that into what you have already done without you having to re-do too much work.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...and well... if TinyMCE can't do or simulate anything like that, then I guess it'd have to be custom built into your site...

...Like for each user's record on you database, add a field to store the name or url of their chosen background image.

...Then when their page loads, call in this variable where appropriate...

...I guess...

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes..that's what I'll do.. Its just selecting pics..so essentially its a little shopping cart (but they don't buy the stuff), and then the html page shows them what they have selected. Because there are about 100 products.. I need to have a way that is easy for them to choose the pictures, for the admin to upload the pictures. I was hoping to not have to program it myself, with my minimal knowlege, but that would be a good challenge I suppose.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Augerweb
    Yes..that's what I'll do.. Its just selecting pics..so essentially its a little shopping cart (but they don't buy the stuff), and then the html page shows them what they have selected. Because there are about 100 products.. I need to have a way that is easy for them to choose the pictures, for the admin to upload the pictures. I was hoping to not have to program it myself, with my minimal knowlege, but that would be a good challenge I suppose.
    Ore okay... now I understand what your problem is.

Well it's up to you if to program it yourself... the uploading images part is super easy (so easy, that even I could do it... and I'm a retard).

Not too sure about the previewing/thumbnailing of the images, though. That part might be the real challenge. And then after that, it'd probably all need to be in it's own database, so that the thumbnail is assigned to it's respective image.

Yeah... good luck getting the web-service. That'd be my first choice too... haha

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes..why reinvent if there is something out there already. I've been looking without much luck so far. I use tiny MCE as well for some clients.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    give try to open source like mambo etc

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simplecode
    give try to open source like mambo etc
    Nah... he doesn't need a content manager... he more needs something like an image manager...

Something to make and display thumbnails, and allow users to pick one.

Once they pick, then Augerweb can store the name of that image (or address) in his database, and load it up when the viewer's on his/her page.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)