SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Got a major bug with Visual Studio 2k5 that is halting development

I've been using VS2005 for some time now and it is a great tool with lots of power.

However, I have the Teleriks ASP.NET add-on, and I added a control to my webpage. It all worked fine. Then I went into Dreamweaver to make changes to the page layout and reloaded the page in VS2K5. However, I get this error:

"Control cannot be added because Visual Studio cannot find the control's type in the control assembly".

I posted this problem on the Telerik forum but they said it's due to peculiarities with the IDE so I decided to ask here (well I asked on the ASP.Net forum but haven't had much luck there), as people here obviously know a lot about IT. The .dll for the control(s) are in the bin folder, but I do not know how to check references.

Any advice appreciated! This bug has halted development and when making another ASP.NET page and including any other control from Telerik, I get the same error.

Thanks

SitePoint Author silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    VS 2005 Service Pack 1 was just released. I would try that first as it might well fix the problem.