SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member walkerwebdesign's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Form answer may require a second form to be completed, how do I redirect after submit

I have a website that the customers complete and depending upon what the answer is, might require a second form to be submitted. However, I need it to submit the first form, then on certain answers pull up a second form rather than the "thank you" page. You can see the form at http://mokandial.com/ksresidentialapp.html under the bundle service pull down list. If they select a certain bundle service, it will require a form for dsl, where others do not.
    I am completely new to javascript, but I think this is the direction I should be going. If someone could point me in the direction of what I am trying to do, and where I might locate help to write the script I would appreciate it.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Use a server-side language

First and foremost, use a server-side language to accomplish this. You can't be certain that a user will have JavaScript available.

Secondarily, you could use JavaScript (to prevent a page refresh).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suggestion on Server Side Script

Ok, I have looked at server side scripting and there seems to be several options; ASP, SSI, PHP, SS Javascript, etc. .. What is the best option of these different scripts for a new user to scripting? Your help is really appreciated! I would be lost without ya!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which server-side language

Here is an article from the sitepoint website on just that subject.

I would say PHP, its free, easy to get, easy to set up, and there is a ton of info on how to learn.

Check out Kevin Yank's book right here on the sitepoint website "Build Your Own Database Driven Website Using PHP and MySQL"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank You for the PHP Information

Thank you so much for the information on PHP. I have read the article, and I will be ordering the book! I am glad I found sitepoint!