SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Engine Seeker, Your Thoughts?

Hey All,

I am trying to get targeted traffic to my site and I dont seem to be getting anywhere. I have submitted to directories, submitted to prleap. Even tried some paid advertising.

Has anyone had experience with engineseeker.com? Are they a good way to go? I am out of ideas to try and get traffic to my site. Any ideas and input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You and Happy Holidays
    Thanks In Advance

David

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyboby?
    Thanks In Advance

David

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I don't have experience with engine seeker, but I do have experiences with PR (Press Release) services and I would move up to a one with a wider distribution for starters. However, generally the launch of a new web hosting business is not regarded as news by the journalistic community. In fact, for print media, the launch of a new business usually won't get free mention even on the back pages.

As competitive as your business is, I think your best online promotional methods are adwords and other PPC programs, followed by postings in classified forum sections and becoming an active member of forums like this one - using your expertise to encourage clicks on your signature link.

Even so, I wouldn't limit your promotion to online only. Start with local promotion. Think of who really needs affordable web hosting services that might be your best target market (web designers?). I would send out a short introductory flyer or even postcard to web design firms in your area. Start with 25 or 50 per week and fan outward from your location. Join your local C of C and any other business networking groups in your area. Your C of C will usually send out new member profiles in their member newsletter.

Advertise in business services classifieds and do a few small display ads in local print media. If you have the capital, check into some radio ROS adverts.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown