SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the Psychology behind buying Pixels, Tags and so..??

Hello Friends,

I am just wondering that what is the psychology behind buying ads on pixel sites, word tags and simillar sites. Is it plane advertisement or what? I am an advertiser too, I used to buy week basis, month basis links .. Also PPC and traffic packages attracts me. But not this pixel and tags kinda things.. Why?

What you guys think while buying such ads? For an instant, If we look at pixelotto, there are some advertisers who have spent $10,000+ -- What you think what made that advertiser to spend this much money?

Also, some tags sites are selling spots for $100+ per link -- In the same amount I can buy 10 PR4 permanent links from directories. So, why bother to spend $100 on single link on a low traffic site and also, cluttered in 100+ other word tags.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand purchasing tags or pixels either. Some of the sites that offer this are nothing but a one page tag site. No content, how could they possibly give me traffic. Wouldn't it be considered a link farm of type? Maybe I just don't understand the full concept of tag sites yet.

However I can see the real advantage to pixelotto, because the creator is the same person who did the first million dollar pixel site. Because of this, his new site will get the same type of media blitz as his last one. So you could see real traffic from a site like that. I don't know what the precieved value would be verses actual value.

fad (n): a craze; interest... Fahd's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no point to buying these. The sellers generally hype things up and advertisers get suckered into buying them. Most advertisers are happy with the "junk" traffic they get from these sites. These are the same advertisers who have no idea about ROI, have no set marketing goals, but apparently have money to blow.

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buying a tag on TagsPage gets you a static link on a PR7 and 3 PR6 pages. Could help if the site's not penalized by the SEs for any reason. I'll try any advertising once or twice, including tags, pixels, and whatever else you can come up with. I've come to expect ROI from the unexpected!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Grossman View Post
    Buying a tag on TagsPage gets you a static link on a PR7 and 3 PR6 pages. Could help if the site's not penalized by the SEs for any reason. I'll try any advertising once or twice, including tags, pixels, and whatever else you can come up with. I've come to expect ROI from the unexpected!
    OK, Buying a tag on PR7 page makes some sense, But why people buy tags on PR0 or PR2 tag sites with 500k alexa rank?

Simillarly, buying on million dollar homepage and pixelotto is OK, but why people buy on pixel sites with no PR and same 500k alexa?

I think Fahd is quite right, Many people have a lot of extra money to spend on junk links and traffic with no sense of ROI.

What I think is out of 1000 webmasters (companies) atlast 10 are foolish enough to spend money on such things .. And those 10 are getting these tag/pixel sites money.

Its exactly like scamers with fake fanancial websites, if 0.1% people fall in them .. they feel lucky

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It could be that some of the pixel/word link sites put up many free links so that it appears as though they have many advertisers and there is great demand for the ad space...
    For HTML Help visit: HTML Help Central
    For Graphic Design help visit: GFXVoid.com
    If you're a GEEK then go where geeks go....

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Grossman View Post
    this seems like a really good deal... at $5 per character. is the PR 7 inflated in any way? could this help positioning in Google? it seems almost too good to be true.

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny190 View Post
    is the PR 7 inflated in any way?.
    Assuming this page is not penalized for any reason and passes pagerank, the PR it does pass is divided by about 450 due to the high number of links on the page. It's not that much

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by john2k View Post
    It could be that some of the pixel/word link sites put up many free links so that it appears as though they have many advertisers and there is great demand for the ad space...
    Very good/bad marketing tactic