SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please Help With Choosing a Domain Name

Hi, I was not sure where to post this so if a mod could please move it to the appropriate area. I cannot decide on the domain I want to use for a site I am creating. It's actually not a Chargers site, but another NFL football team. I don't want to jeapordize losing the domain so we will call it 'chargers'. I know the following would be available for it with a .com extension.

I really appreciate any input!

PureChargers
    ChargersArena
    ChargersArea
    ChargersSpot
    ChargersManic(s)
    ChargersFreak(s)
    ChargersAddict(s)
    ChargersLover(s)
    RealChargersFan(s)
    ChargersDome
    Adam H. Paoli
    Owner and Operator

Paoli Web Design

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think you're best off starting your domain name with your most valuable keyword "chargers". As far as the other words go, I don't see any there that I think would be often used in a search, so any of those words would probably be fine with one exception.

You don't want to mislead people who are looking for information on the charger's stadium, such as information on concerts or other activities that might be held in their stadium. So for that reason I would steer clear of "dome" and "arena".

So far, then, I have narrowed your list to:

ChargersArea
    ChargersSpot
    ChargersManic(s)
    ChargersFreak(s)
    ChargersAddict(s)
    ChargersLover(s)

I would go with the plurals. Search Engines will usually pick up both singular and plural forms of a word that is typed in as singular, but may not pick up the singular form when typed in as plural. So a search for 'lovers' might only show sites with 'lovers' while a search for 'lover' would show sites with both forms of the word.

Although I like ChargersSpot -you might miss many clicks because of the double 's' - with visitors typing in ChargerSpot (all in lower case - chargerspot) instead of the domain you intended. If you wanted that for a domain I would check for the availability of a hyphenated 'chargers-spot'.

I think area is pretty bland and your domain name should have some 'punch' to it, so I'd rule that one out.

You'd have a typo problem with manics, since the correct form is maniacs, so I'd forget that one.

To me, 'addicts' has a negative connotation, so I wouldn't choose that one.

Which leaves you 'freaks' and 'lovers'.

Down to two -- I believe that a male audience (if the site is indeed a football site) would be more apt to take to 'freaks' than 'lovers', but you know the sport -- you pick between them!
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ChargersArena - looks like good to me.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy linkin99's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ChargersFan would be my preferred choice, but I don't see that on your list, so I'm assuming it's possibly taken. The next I'd choose would be ChargersDome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome! I really appreciate the input from everybody. If anybody else has anything to add that would be great
    Adam H. Paoli
    Owner and Operator

Paoli Web Design

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well illusionaz, just by reading the thread starter and knowing that the choice to be made is for an NFL football team I caught up with only two of them i.e. ChargersArena & ChargersDome and still if I had to choose from these two then I would have probably chosen ChargersArena, well thatís my choice which I think suits the best.
    Also,i must say the insights given by Shyflower are worth considering.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok I am stuck between 'PureChargers', 'RealChargersFans' and 'ChargersArena'. I wish this was a poll so I could see votes. ChargersArena seems to misleading. RealChargersFans is kinda long. I am looking towards PureChargers. What do you guys think?
    Adam H. Paoli
    Owner and Operator

Paoli Web Design

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

www.wonderchargers.com think about it.