SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ad Targeting Disabled

I had an entertainment site showing yahoo ads that were unrelated to the site. Today, after 9 months, Yahoo finally stopped it. I have heard of people being booted from the program. However, they might of stopped that policy as my account just had ad targeting disabled.

I will post back to tell you how much it dropped my income as soon as I figure it.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to this calculation:

Currenty Daily Balance MINUS Reported Daily Balance 15 minutes ago TIMES 4 (to get hourly figure) TIME 75% (as that 15 minutes is probably not indicative of all 15 minute time periods) TIME 24 (convert to daily figure)

The lack of ad targeting only affected my income by $50 or so dollars. That is interesting... As I was showing financial ads on a lyrics site getting $1.00 CPM and now I am showing male manequin ads and other crap. It did not really affect me...... I must not of been cheating the system by much before!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kinda don't get what you mean. Are you saying that you cheated and targeted financial ads for your entertainment site, then YPN disabled your targeting?

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same thing happened to me, but my drop was much higher. From $1.50 clicks down to $0.25 clicks.

I kicked Yahoo out and I am back to Adsense now

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dang, you were lucky with those $1.50 clicks! After more time testing, the estimate above was way too high. My earnings dropped by 50%. My CPM used to be about $1.00 and now it is about $0.50.

I am now testing google. Google should give me more than $0.50 CPM as it is giving me about $0.53 CPM and I only give it international traffic. All in all I am happy. I thought if I lost yahoo it would be the end of me. Before yahoo I was earning next to nothing. I am finding now that even without them I am able to make a good amount.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YPN's ad targeting system is a complete joke. I target relevant categories and I still get unrelated ads.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I did try to target appropriately. The weird thing is once I changed the ads away from financial ads (targetting another category) it still showed financial ads. In fact, even with ad targeting completely disabled it still shows financial ads. Everyday that goes by my CPM gets lower. It is now 30% of what it was.

I changed to google with ad images. My CPM jumped to $1.00 (what it was with yahoo financial ads) Now that google announced no images next to ads my CPM is dropping like crazy. Looks like 2007 is going to be a bad year!