SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How profitable can a Ringtones Affiliate Website be?

I have been looking at buying this ringtone affiliate website (not on this site), but feel like the advertised revenues sound a bit far fetched. The seller (best I can tell has a really good reputation) is advertising it as producing $10-12K per month of revenue for the 3 months of its existence. To produce these results, $3-4k are spent on PPC advertising. Companies pay $9-15 per person who enters their cell phone number. I run a couple of sites that bring in approximately 1500 dollars a month, so these numbers sound too good to be true. Just looking for other people's opinions. The kicker for me is that the seller said that they are hoping for $3500 (maybe 2 weeks profit). I realize that ringtones are becoming a multi multi billion dollar business, but still... Anyone have any thoughts???

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only reason I can see someone selling a site for two weeks profit is either because the site takes a tremendous amount of time and work to maintain the revenue levels OR the seller expects the success of the site to be short lived. If you buy that site you might consider requiring some sort of non-compete and NDA so the seller does not churn out many other similar sites with similar methods resulting in many competitors and a flooded market for you.
    For HTML Help visit: HTML Help Central
    For Graphic Design help visit: GFXVoid.com
    If you're a GEEK then go where geeks go....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ringtone affiliates did make lots of money in 2004-2005, much less today.

So my guess is that he's not making as much as he used to, and he's selling it.

The seller is advertising it as producing $10-12K per month of revenue for the 3 months of its existence
    Can he provide irrefutable proof? I wouldn't buy unless I had certified proof, meet the guy, ask him to bring the papers, receipts and such.