User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for ad placing advice

Hello, everyone,

I am running a little humor blog - http://thesnottyone.com/ - and so far it generates really really few clicks (i have ~1000 unique visitors/day and 0-1 click/day) and i am thinking that maybe there's something wrong with my ad placing (but what could be wrong then adsense banner is on the top and blending in design nicely).

Anyway i'm thinking about skyscraper at the left (i would create an additional column in website's layout), but the idea of website full of ads does not charms me..

So maybe any suggestions from You?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People keep seeing that ad you have on top and just get used to skipping over it, I think.

Put some 468x60 units inline with your content, and make sure the colors match the surrounding content. Really, with your content, you could put 2 or 3 in without being too obtrusive.
    I'm available for hire! - www.deftdevelopment.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by madcap View Post
    Put some 468x60 units inline with your content, and make sure the colors match the surrounding content. Really, with your content, you could put 2 or 3 in without being too obtrusive.
    Thanks for advice!

I will try that out right now (just put 480x60 ads at the bottom of single posts. that may not be the best idea, but lets first see what it does and if it does nothing than maybe i'll put some ads in post listings).