SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which Email Campaign Service do you recommend?

Looking for a web-based email service where I can input my HTML email and input my "send list" and they do all the tracking, sending, and processing of unsubscribes.

I'm looking at Constant Contact and Campaign Monitor in particular. Any other recommendations or thoughts on these?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Constant Contact did very good for me.
    Innovative Graphic Design Solutions
    www.magentismedia.com

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those two plus Aweber make up my top three picks, but they each have different pros and cons so you should evaluate them all and see what works best for you.

Campaign Monitor is nice, a little cheaper to get going and easy to use your own design with, but if you send lots of newsletters it can get costly.

Constant Contact is reasonably priced for what you get and their tools make it easy to create nice templates, but I think it's a bit trickier to use your own designs.

Aweber is the only true autoresponder in the group and offers unlimited lists for about twenty bucks a month.

I'd take some time to figure out what features you really need in a service and then try the demos they offer to see what works best for you.

Steve

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those two plus Aweber make up my top three picks, but they each have different pros and cons so you should evaluate them all and see what works best for you.

Campaign Monitor is nice, a little cheaper to get going and easy to use your own design with, but if you send lots of newsletters it can get costly.

Constant Contact is reasonably priced for what you get and their tools make it easy to create nice templates, but I think it's a bit trickier to use your own designs.

Aweber is the only true autoresponder in the group and offers unlimited lists for about twenty bucks a month.

I'd take some time to figure out what features you really need in a service and then try the demos they offer to see what works best for you.

Steve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the comments. I signed up for a free trial of ConstantContact because I like the fact that it is free if you have less than 50 contacts (I have zero contacts currently). It worked pretty well for me. It is not as easy to learn as benchmarkmail, but it does the job.

Once I get above 50 contacts (which can take quite a long time), I think I will switch to CampaingMonitor. It will then be less expensive that way since they charge by email sent. I don't send out more than one newletter per month. So these "pay by month" services doesn't seem cost-effective to me.