SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is your growth.

My question is to all those people with relativly big forums already. I wanted to know how you forum growth is. Is it pretty regular, meaning each month you get about the same amount of new users or visitors, or does every month it becomes easier to find more users and posts?

I must say, finding the first 200 users was hard work, with the last 100 coming slightly faster then the last. i can see a little growth in my forum statistics, with about 500 pageview per day more then a month ago.

If I keep at it, do you think I will see the growth continue or shoot up?

SitePoint Evangelist jimday1982's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's obvious that if you keep up the hard work, there will amost certainly be a reward for that, but that is the key. You absolutely MUST keep up the hard work - it never ends.

If you've already got a couple hundred users, you have to be doing something right. How long has your site been online and what steps are you currently taking to attract new members?

BTW - I see you're running phpbb. I highly recommend a few mods to help with your SEO, such as the mod_rewrite and sid removal mods.
    Jimmy Day
    Senior Systems Analyst
    Piedmont Healthcare Corporation

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. My SEO is rather limited. My traffic comes from google mostly. Know any mods for PHPBB? I have been rather unsuccessful finding some.
    I notice you use PHPBB, would it be possible for a couple of tips?
    How old are those boston terrier forums?
    I am going to keep up the hard work if it kills me Just try not to get my hopes down when people stat abandoning my forums :P