SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What kind of content and where to get it?

I started the forum TalkSecondLife.com last week. I hear lots about content, content, content but Im not sure where to get the content, where to put the content on the site and so on. If I have an article as content, should I post it in a thread?

Thanks for your input.
    www.Cingularusers.net
    Great Cingular/AT&T Forum

SitePoint Enthusiast fullphaser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jruytenb
    I started the forum TalkSecondLife.com last week. I hear lots about content, content, content but Im not sure where to get the content, where to put the content on the site and so on. If I have an article as content, should I post it in a thread?

Thanks for your input.
    content is basically anything that is on the forum, a thread a post, etc. the more thread and post that you have the more content that you have on your site.
    Phaser Labs
    Looking For Affiliates, and members always

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I think about content for my sites I think about articles I create myself on that given topic. We're not all Shakespeare, but even so a unique article is way better that re-publishing same articles any site publishes. And when we think about a forum with topics .. then topics that are related to that subject. General ones and more specific ones. The idea is to have them coming daily and work on the posting ...

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When it's mentioned in reference to forums, "content" is generally referring to messages posted. Many forums use paid forum posting to help build up message content on their sites. I have doubts whether or not paid forum posts result in high quality content, but it may be some of what you're looking for.
    For HTML Help visit: HTML Help Central
    For Graphic Design help visit: GFXVoid.com
    If you're a GEEK then go where geeks go....