User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Linux Server Side FLV Encoding

Hello,

We're currently in the "homework" phase of adding video uploading to our community, sort of like a YouTube, or exactly like it (just for a more specific audience)..

I've been looking all over the internet trying to find some good support or articles on software to use to pull this off any all I've found is FFMpeg and On2 Flix Engine. FFmpeg doesn't seem to entising and flix is incredibly up to date, however it's an arm and a leg for the price.

Does anybody have any guidance on a good development kit to use, it also has to be able to be able to play nicely in a PHP/MySQL environment.

Any advice/links would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks,
    Steve

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've already found the important stuff. ffmpeg really is the primary application used for command line video encoding and decoding among large numbers of formats.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ffmpeg doesn't support all of the WMV versions as far as I am aware - it put me off as its very common to use wmv's.

haven't found an alternative tho.
    FWDitON.com - the funny email repository

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well there's stuff out there, people are using them, the problem is that there isn't many people yet so the whole thing isn't very well documented. It makes the research stage hard.