User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[rails] Open Source Project Advice

hi all,

i have an idea that i want to develop and open source. it is a learning framework. basically, i'll store 1 category, a question, 1 right answer, 3 wrong answers and 1 explanation of the right answer in a database.

a teacher would be able to input the appropriate material and then his/her students would have access to the questions, the answers and the explanations.

the student would be able to to pick a category, decide how many of the total questions they'd like to get in a "study block" and then they answer the questions, see the right answer and explanation if they are wrong, and get a score at the end.

wash, rinse repeat until the student basically owns the material.

i took this style of learning to pass a real estate exam and it well. i started at around 50% but ended up near 100%. i took the test, was the first one done (out of 100+) and passed (50% failed).

anyway, i'm looking for any insight how to get such a project started. does rubyforge take on such projects?

i think it would be pretty cool and the learning framework could be applied to just about anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you could also go with sf.net or tigris.

sf.net is pretty easy to get accepted.

My wife's a teacher, so let me know if and when you get a project up and I'll help out where I can.