SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using ActivePDF... MergeFile not working sometimes....

Hi,
    Quick Overview : CF 7 with ActivePDF

We have an application where in user can do batch print. For example 1.pdf, 2.pdf, 3.pdf are 3 files.
    first it will create a batch cover i.e cover.pdf ... then a seperator_i.pdf. This seperator_i.pdf contains employee name & address of i numbered employee. Basically its a loop where i is the index. The idea is cover.pdf followed by seperator_1.pdf followed by 1.pdf, then seperator_2.pdf followed by 2.pdf and so on. The final file is named batch.pdf .

The problem I am facing right now is that after seperator_1.pdf, the document 1.pdf doesnt load in batch.pdf. Its followed by seperator_2.pdf which has the 2.pdf afterwards which is right. I dont know why 1.pdf is missing??? I have checked directory and 1.pdf, 2.pdf, 3.pdf are all existing so its not the case of missing pdf.

Anyone has any experience using ActivePDF with ColdFusion 7. By the way, this bug happens once in a while... Its been working fine and only on rare occasions we see this issue.

Thanks in advance....

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some cases the pdf's are missing

Hi,
    replying to my own question... well I tested this on qa system and indeed some pdfs were missing thats why the seperator gets created but no actual letter gets added since 1.pdf or nameofthefile.pdf are missing.

This brings to another question : why are the pdfs not getting created in the first place. We have automated process wherein the pdfs get created and most of the times i.e 99% , pdfs do get created. Its just that on some cases they are not and its resulting in failure in batch process.

Any ideas anyone.. FYI, we use ActivePDF to merge pdf's.

Thanks,