User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

javascript foils proxy

Hello list,
    I'm a bit new to javascript and I'm wondering if someone might help me with the following problem. I set up a proxy with php so that I can load documents outside my domain into an iframe and access the DOM. A few sites have something like the following code that keeps me from loading their sites into said iframe:
    if (window.self != window.top) {
    top.location.replace(window.location.pathname);
    }
    Is there a good way to counteract this? The code is often loaded in the head of a html document and is linked to, not directly on the HTML page in question.

Any help would be appreciated. I've been trying to figure a good workaround that doesn't involve just erasing all links to javascript.
    Thanks.
    Best,
    Max

Programming Team silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

no top

Hi maxbenjamin, welcome to the forums,
    The best way to solve this is to contact the site's webmaster and explain your problem. They may be able to provide a link to a frame-able page for you to use.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks,
    The only problem is that this frame is "user-driven". The user decides what site will be loaded into the frame and so it becomes difficult to get the frameable versions. I'm currently rewriting all relative links as absolute links in the proxy so if there is something I could add to the page or some other sort of preprocessing that could be done that would be no problem. I'd just like to use something more elegant than a hammer if possible.
    Thanks again.