SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newsletter script

Can someone recommend a good newsletter script? I have a database of users and would like to send them newsletters, but also allow them to opt out if they later decide.

Note, they've all agreed to receive newsletters when they first signed up for the service.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to be brief, but have you looked a little further down the page here? There are at least a couple of threads discussing email marketing/newsletter solutions in the past week and many more over the past years is you take the time to search the forum.

On a related note, you'd probably get better replies if you could indicate what features you're looking for in a script. Are you looking for a hosted solution? A script to run on your server? Something to do html or plain text?

Cheers,

Steve

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry about that. Didn't do the search thing. I'm looking for a script that I can install and run locally. It should be able to do html and text, as well as let users subscribe/unsubscribe easily.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeptical
    Sorry about that. Didn't do the search thing. I'm looking for a script that I can install and run locally. It should be able to do html and text, as well as let users subscribe/unsubscribe easily.
    PHPLists would be your best bet for something like that. Although Email Marketing should never be from your personal server, if you ask me. You could be blacklisted by email providers and never know it...

If you have CPanel on your server - see if it has Fantastico, which should have PHPLists already and makes it an easy, quick install.

But if you're trying to get serious into any type of Email Marketing Campaign - check out sites like Aweber.com or GetResponse.com as you'll have ALOT more luck getting your emails through.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    phpList and/or dadamail would work well if you want to host this yourself, but like clenard I'd prefer to use an inexpensive hosted service like Aweber, Constant Contact or Campaign Monitor because they know a lot more about how to monitor blacklists and ensure that my mail gets delivered. I'm not 100% certain, but I believe they also have relationships with the major isps to see that email gets delivered to their users.

Cheers,

Steve