Firstly thanks for the help. This is my very simple file uploader script and i have a few questions about imporvements i would like to make.

I have included my code so far below for you to look at.

<?php
$target = "upload/";
$target = $target . basename( $_FILES['uploaded']['name']) ;
$ok=1;
if(move_uploaded_file($_FILES['uploaded']['tmp_name'], $target))
{
echo "The file ". basename( $_FILES['uploadedfile']['name']). " has been uploaded";
}
else {
echo "Sorry, there was a problem uploading your file.";
}
?>
  • This script is meant to display the name of file uploaded in the upload successful line but it doesn't it omits it any idea why?
  • I would like to display a web page if the file uploads sucessfully and one if it doesn't what do i add to my script so it will do this?
  • I would like an upload page that automatically displays all the file names in a directory as links to the files.
  • Finally i would like an email sent to me to let me know a file has been uploaded

My host has said to make this secure and allow only people i want to see the upload area I need to place the upload script in a password protected directory, is this secure enough? I would really appreciate the help or if you could direct me to some kind of tutorial that would help me achieve any of this it's be great.