SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pleas come visit Mr.MSN Bot :)

How can i get the MSN spider to visit my web site? Is it just getting links from other sites and waiting?

Thanks

********* user
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, that;s basically it. Better focus on Google or Yahoo. MSN is not worth optimizing for IMHO.

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Optimize for everyone.

You can submit your site to MSN here.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. And Infonote, Why would you nmot want to optimize for MSN? I can't remember exactly but in a article i think it said MSN recives 5% of searches. Why would some one want to miss out on the extra traffic?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You may as well optimize for MSN. I've actually noticed a higher conversion rate through them as opposed to Google and Yahoo - but that's probably just coincidence.

I'd put emphasis on Google and Yahoo but don't forget about the little guys. You never know when the next little guy will become the next big guy. I heard talk of Ask.com growth rate improving on CNN yesterday.

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pbradish
    You may as well optimize for MSN. I've actually noticed a higher conversion rate through them as opposed to Google and Yahoo - but that's probably just coincidence.
    It's probably not a coincidence. MSN users tend to be less techy (heck, they couldn't even change the home page of their browser. Heck, they couldn't even change their browser). Less techy people tend to click thru at a higher rate then techy people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stymiee
    It's probably not a coincidence. MSN users tend to be less techy (heck, they couldn't even change the home page of their browser. Heck, they couldn't even change their browser). Less techy people tend to click thru at a higher rate then techy people.
    Very true! Thanks for the insight Stymiee.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol too true .

Well i was thinking of aiming to get some decent SERPS in MSN to try and up traffic to help link building to help with Google and Yahoo SERPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May trying putting in some video clips (or links to) on your main advertised page. I have found the msn media bot to be far more active in coming and visiting your website than the main msn bot. Am not sure yet how much indexing is affected by the media bot though.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool. I shall take a look at that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Adsense stats show this to be absolutely 100% correct. MSN & AOL referrers are worth 10 Google referrers to my Adsense sites. Click happy b__s___ds!

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heh, Thats good to know.