I'm having trouble trying to embed a video into my site. Mostly because I don't know what some of the code means, and if it needs to be there or not. I'm trying to learn this from another person and I feel like he's giving out too much coding and that I don't need some of it...to add to that he just says "this goes here" without saying why it goes there or what it's for so I'm left puzzled.

Frustrating not knowing what your doing but I don't want to quit.

this is the code he showed me, but I can't use this I have to come up with my own.

<body class="audio">
<object classid="CLSID:22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95" type="video/x-msvideo" width="640" height="480" title="Victor Navone, c 1999">
<param name="src" value="aliensong.mpeg" />

<script type="text/javascript">
// <![CDATA[
if (navigator.mimeTypes && navigator.mimeTypes["video/mpeg"])
document.write('<embed src="aliensong.mpeg" bgcolor=#000000" width="640" height="480" type="video/mpeg"></embed>');
document.write('<b>Error/b>: Sorry, Plugin required.');
// ]]>

all the things in bold are basicaly what I don't get...oh and get this, all the commands he explained to me....pretty much 80% of them aren't in this coding so thats a big help. I'm glad I'm going to school to learn basicaly nothing from this guy. And this is due tomorrow at midnight...all I have to do is put a video on a site, nothing fancy...but this guy seems to make it complicated, or maybe it's just me.