SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Interested in buying over a forum (from forumer.com)

Hello guys,

I'm interested in buying over a local forum from forumer.com

The forum currently have 550 members and most users online before is 110.

I have a few question which is:

1) Is it possible to buy the forum and transfer everything to a new forum (Mine, instead of under forumer.com). Transfering everything meaning every thread/post/members etc. So all of them doesn't lose anything and doesn't need to register again (If this can't be done, I will definetly drop off the idea of taking over it)

2) What type of money making elements can I implement into the website? I will add in personal adds spaces for advertisers to rent (for a month or two). But other than this, any others?

3) Based on the amount of members , will you be able to estimate how much profit can it get?

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Cheerios

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vanko
    1) Is it possible to buy the forum and transfer everything to a new forum (Mine, instead of under forumer.com). Transfering everything meaning every thread/post/members etc. So all of them doesn't lose anything and doesn't need to register again (If this can't be done, I will definetly drop off the idea of taking over it)
    It is likely that everyone would have to register on whatever platform you choose. As far as importing the articles, it would depend on forumer is set up and how the new software is implemented.

2) What type of money making elements can I implement into the website? I will add in personal adds spaces for advertisers to rent (for a month or two). But other than this, any others?
    You could try AdSense or any of the yieldmanager networks.

3) Based on the amount of members , will you be able to estimate how much profit can it get?
    Nope. You could make $1/day or $100/day.

SitePoint Enthusiast BusinessForums's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1). If you are currently using vBulletin, I believe they have softwares where you can convert another type of forum to vBulletin.

2). Many people use AdSense. I've heard both good and bad things about them. If you really decide to go with AdSense, I would suggest you to read their TOS carefully because a lot of people have had their account suspended/banned. The amount you make per click also depends on the content of your forum.

3). I went to http://forum.forumer.com/ and it shows there are 124,168 members and not 550. Are we talking about the same forum?
    BusinessForums.com

- The ultimate forum for entrepreneurs, investors,
    business owners, and potential business owners -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forumer host free subforums on subdomains using phpbb. The OP wants to buy a subforum from the owner then move it to his own domain. I don't see 550 members generating much click ad revenue. Click thru rates are notoriously low on forums.
    If 100 members visit a day and 1% click thru at 10 cents/click thats only $1/day...and I think that's pushing it.