SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had posted a message a while ago and some one metioned icly tags would overide different font sizes in different browsers. Where can I find icky tags...what are they?

Also all of the text links are underlined on my page, I wuld like some of the underlined and some of them not...can this be done and if so how?
    Scarlet

------------------
    http://www.learning2earn.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote/font><HR>Originally posted by scarlet:
    I had posted a message a while ago and some one metioned icly tags would overide different font sizes in different browsers. Where can I find icky tags...what are they?

Also all of the text links are underlined on my page, I wuld like some of the underlined and some of them not...can this be done and if so how?
    Scarlet
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know what "icky" tags are, but to answer your 2nd question: yes, you can specify certain links to be underlined and others to not...this is done using CSS (cascading style sheets)...EchoDev.com has a great tutorial on this, you can find it here:
    http://echodev.com/tutorials/css/basics/index.shtml

Hope that helps! If you have a simple knowledge of HTML you should have no problem with CSS.

------------------
    Chris Bowyer
    MyCoding.com: Under Construction!
    "I'm not an insomniac, I'm a web designer."

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing will override your font tags except CSS. There is nothing icky about CSS though. It can greatly decrease the maintenance and load times of your pages. Font tags have also been deprecated. This means they won't be in future version of HTML related specifications such as XHTML 2.0. It also means that browsers adhering to standards won't have to support them. Future browsers will support CSS as a better means of presentation and layout.

Since the security certificates of pre-4 version browsers are expiring and they can't support even half of what is available on the Internet today then backwards compatibility is becoming less of an issue.

------------------
    Wayne Luke - Sitepoint Moderator/Internet Media Developer
    Digital Magician Studios - Making Magic with Web Applications
    wluke@digitalmagician.com