SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Need inputs for local business website

I'm trying to build a website which contribute for my local business or community but I'm stuck with the idea. Something that helpful for every body such as local dating.

Please give me some ideas or your thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Local directory?

In an organized fashion, a link to every company located there that has a website.

Would make it SO EASY for people to easily find more information on a dance school, winter programs, employment opportunities, etc.

And all the information is supplied for you - on their websites.
    AskItOnline.com - Need answers? Ask it online.
    Create powerful online surveys with ease in minutes!
    Follow us on Twitter

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the inputs triexa,

Keep your ideas coming guys.

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy bluedreamer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Local business news is always good, get businesses/people to submit their own news to keep fresh content coming in.

What would be useful to your audience? Articles, news, events, local clubs/organisations info...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranix.net
    I'm trying to build a website which contribute for my local business or community but I'm stuck with the idea. Something that helpful for every body such as local dating.

Please give me some ideas or your thought.
    What are your goals here? Other than creating a website, what are you trying to achieve?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do something that new and help local businesses grow. I'm still brainstorming about this project :-) I've to look thru phone book and find out how many business that has website

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alexander the Great, when shown the Gordian Knot and challenged to unravel it ,drew his sword and sliced through it with a single blow. The moral being that irrespective of the problem a simple solution can be found.He should have course untied it so he copped out.
    You have taken on a challenge of writing a site without the faintest idea of what you are about to finish up with.
    Two thousand five hundred years later the vast majority of people take problems the way Alexander did; dont take them apart to learn what brought them about but get rid of the problem as soon as possible ( putting it on us to solve).
    Unfortunately my friend you will always find them coming back unless you take the time to analyse and properly work out what is required of you. Research!
    BC
    Last edited by ses5909; Nov 17, 2006 at 03:29. Reason: please no self-promo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranix.net
    Do something that new and help local businesses grow.
    That much, we got. But why? Are you trying to make money? Are you trying to build a long-term business? Is it a hobby? Do you just want to "give back" to the community, regardless of any sort of monetary compensation? What's the end objective here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Morning Robert.
    I think Tranix has aspirations as a revolutionary, clandestinely undermining the rationalist viewpoint of the modern world.
    Maybe to become an avatar to middle brow America's relentlessly commercial ethos: a purveyor of the synthetic, the sanitised,the puerile and cloyingly cute.
    An entrepeneur substituting facsimilies of experience for the real thing and so vulgarising everything we writers set out to achieve. That the facts lose all their force.
    Has this become a rallying point for all the sub-literates of society?

Tranix, use your imagination. What do people do for fun where you live? Look at life with a grin and write about it!
    Sorry, but after the personnal attacks by Trampt on my writing recently I thought I had better write something in keeping with the high standards set here. I have my glasses on as well.
    Take care. BC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ses5909 What the hell are you talkiing about no self promotion the whole forum is full of it with people even advertising 5 dollar an hour work. Just below me Robert has his work (no offence Robert it's just that yours is immediately visible) links as well as countless others on this forum just what did I do so different from everyone else? Put my blog for our friend here who needed inspiration. I look forward to hearing from you.
    This is the second time I have been "warned" whats the story? If you dont like my contributions then say so straight out and I'll take them somewhere else.
    I dont even have my URL or anything else here.Take a look! Another petty censorship.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does it matter if I use .org domain name for business?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tranix. GIVE IT UP ! THERE IS NO HOPE LEFT.