SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sending a line break value through a form

A form has options for which delimiter the user wants to use in a list they are transmitting. One of these options is a carriage return, which is then posted to a php script. I am able to do this without using the form by typing %0D%0A directly into the url bar as a value for the posted delimiter.
    However, when I attempt to use this as a value submitted by the form the % symbols are replaced with %25 in the url bar. Is there any way to prevent this? I thought that setting the enctype of the form to "text/plain" would solve it but it didnt.

Thanks alot, please tell me if I havent been clear enough in my question

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why can't they just press the enter key to insert a line break in a textarea?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Id like to keep the options for delimiters as radio buttons for the sake of usability, although using a textarea for inputting delimiters does work perfectly.

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your radio buttons don't need to send the actual delimeters themselves; they can simply be words that you use in processing to choose which delimeter to apply to the data.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think ill use a textarea which can be filled in manually and with radiobuttons. Shouldve thought about it a bit more before posting here I guess although Im still curious about how to fix the original problem
    Thanks alot for your help!