SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, here's the deal. I was on Builder.com's discussions for almost a month and noone helped me. What i need is kinda big, I don't know if this is where it goes, but here:

ok number one:, what i want is a text or graphic link, that when clicked, makes one of my hidden layers with some text content to suddenly become visible (it was hidden before). I went to yaromat.com and go his layer toggle behaviour for dreamweaver. I am a beginner, and so I have no idea how to use it to get it to link the visibility of that layer. I am just clueless. If anyone can give me a simple tutorial on this or like some scripts or any info, or training...I am doing it for a friend, so any help would be great.

ok, number 2:, next, I want to have an effect like the ones on these two site: http://www.threeoh.com/structure.html http://www.kiiroi.nu/front.html
    with a layer containing news, which can be scrolled, but have personalized images in place of the system supplied scrollbars. I have multiple scripts for this, but cant seem to get any to work, and I also have a limited knowledge of the layer *clip* commanding...so I am stuck. Help with this would just make my month, seriously! : )
    I would appreciate any help, especially any help w/dreamweaver instructions, would be great! Thank you! -spookt

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know anything about Dreamweaver but I do know something about the effects that your trying to achieve. You can find really good DHTML scripts and tutorials along with a very good support board at Bratta.com. Thomas Brattli, the creator of the site, has spent a lot of time offering good scripts to people with no clue. Once at his site click on "Scriptomania". There you will find tutorials, scripts and the help forums.

A couple of other sites to check out would include The Brainjar and Dynamic Drive.

------------------
    Wayne Luke - Sitepoint Moderator/Internet Media Developer
    Digital Magician Studios - Making Magic with Web Applications
    wluke@digitalmagician.com

********* Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then when you get done searching bratta.com, you can just put it in your html document using the 'view html' feature in dreamweaver to see how the dreamweaver interface works.

Mike

------------------
    Street Bikers United - protecting the rights of motorcyclists worldwide.
    Cosmic Custom Airbrush - Hawaii's premier airbrush studio.
    New Life Community Church - Your Christian online community

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for all your help...i ended up merging these, and two other post replies to eventually get it to work beautifully...my thanks...now I'm on to the scrolling! : ) thanks again for all your help, I was amazed by the quickness after waiting a month with no replies on builder.com!