SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yellow pages script

Hello I have been looking for a script that will help create nice database of local restaurants, bars, clubs etc with photos and directions how to get there and contact information.

Does anyone know something useful?
    CUBE SCRIPTS MEDIA
    REAL ESTATE SCRIPT 1.4 | Software for Real Estate Agencies
    INSTANT UPDATE CMS 4.2 | NO template system! NEW VERSION!

SitePoint Addict silver trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    www.edirectory.com is by far and away the best directory script I have seen.

A demo is available for this script at www.demodirectory.com Look in particular at the scripts back end and its integration with payment gateways. Nice!

Stay away from phplinkdirectory unless you want to put together a spam link farm site!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With so much similar software on the net this is bit too expensive.
    CUBE SCRIPTS MEDIA
    REAL ESTATE SCRIPT 1.4 | Software for Real Estate Agencies
    INSTANT UPDATE CMS 4.2 | NO template system! NEW VERSION!

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy bluedreamer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have a look at www.phpmydirectory.com - it's got the features you need such as the ability to add info to listings such as photos, map links, "products" (aka menus) and so on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedreamer
    have a look at www.phpmydirectory.com - it's got the features you need such as the ability to add info to listings such as photos, map links, "products" (aka menus) and so on.
    The script has potential but requires ioncube. The demo and layout is dreadful and they should take a leaf out of edirectory's book and have a good look at their demo. I don't know why programmers think that by writing a good script, they don't have to present it with some sizzle. It is no good producing the best product if you don't have the ability to let people know about it?

The script should also have an unencoded/unbranded version for sale. This way you might get away from the sameness that pervades all the example sites listed.

I think Hairybob has got it right. Edirectory is the best script but at the price they are selling it for, I would rather sell 100 copies of the script at $100 ($10,000) than 5 at $500 ($2500) - Smart business sense. I am currently talking to edirectory regarding purchasing an unencoded/unbranded version with all the mods - total cost $2775. I have to look seriously at my ability to get a return at this price.

Dalt

SitePoint Enthusiast Simon Gooffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi tomovuk,
    Try to check eSyndiCat. I think it could be easily used for your yellow pages site.
    Directory Software - ultimate tool to build your own directory