SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HTML - Ebay Removing TAGS - How can i STOP this happening?

Hi...

Ebay keeps removing HTML tags and codes especially when im using turbo lister but the codes im using arnt against ebay rules as far as i know and there is no java script included...

When i insert the HTML code it works fine but then after i have previewd it either by inputting it throught the ebay site or inputting it through Turbo Lister... when i go back and look at the code some of the tags have been remove, eg: the <html></html> - and then once this has happened my page does not display correctly anymore and the CSS style sheets do not work...

Here is an example of when the code has worked fine and luckily Ebay has not removed any tags :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEUS%3AIT&rd=1

Here is an example of the exact same code where ebay HAS removed some tags and it does NOT show correctly :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...6362&rd=1&rd=1

- Any help would be much appreciated need it sorting ASAP, as im sure u can imagine its quite frustrating - sometimes working and other times not.

- Is there some kind of code i can use to stop this happening?

Thanks

In memoriam gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It could be they're using a parser to strip the tags from the page when it's uploaded to the server.

If that's the case, then there's absolutely nothing (and I do mean nothing) you can do about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Schulz
    If that's the case, then there's absolutely nothing (and I do mean nothing) you can do about it.
    You could get a job at eBay, work your way up to senior management level, and then decide to stop stripping HTML from listings. This approach may take a while, though...

In memoriam gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, about 40 years.