SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Article writers, would this work for you?

I've been mulling over in my head what the "fairest" way would be for article writers to profit from their wares.. and I think I may have an idea.. but would like feedback from the community here (webmasters as well as article authors), if you have a moment to share your thoughts.

Most often article writers simply sell the rights to an article for 3-150 bucks and it's done.. but the article lives on in perpetuity... and for the lifetime of the article, the owner of the article profits forever more.... fair, in a way.. but I think it can be better (I am a webmaster btw, not a writer).

Would authors & webmasters be more interested in using their adsense (or yahoo or??) accounts in the article instead?

follow:

say a 50/50 ratio of adsense code between the authors and webmasters being rotated (per adsense at least, this is legal as done on NamePros, DP..etc.) per view.
    The writer now would have the incentive to ensure continually authoring quality articles while making a steady income off of past materials, it would cut down on duplicate (in theory at least as duplicate content doesn't list well in the SE's) and webmasters would be more apt to use their services knowing that they would be getting genuine articles as well as quality material that is going to be as unique as possible.

ideas? feedback?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, so bad idea? wouldnt work? or your so stunned by the awesomeness of it your speechless? lol, no one has any feedback on this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeRyder
    I've been mulling over in my head what the "fairest" way would be for article writers to profit from their wares.. and I think I may have an idea.. but would like feedback from the community here (webmasters as well as article authors), if you have a moment to share your thoughts.

Most often article writers simply sell the rights to an article for 3-150 bucks and it's done.. but the article lives on in perpetuity... and for the lifetime of the article, the owner of the article profits forever more.... fair, in a way.. but I think it can be better (I am a webmaster btw, not a writer).

Would authors & webmasters be more interested in using their adsense (or yahoo or??) accounts in the article instead?

follow:

say a 50/50 ratio of adsense code between the authors and webmasters being rotated (per adsense at least, this is legal as done on NamePros, DP..etc.) per view.
    The writer now would have the incentive to ensure continually authoring quality articles while making a steady income off of past materials, it would cut down on duplicate (in theory at least as duplicate content doesn't list well in the SE's) and webmasters would be more apt to use their services knowing that they would be getting genuine articles as well as quality material that is going to be as unique as possible.

ideas? feedback?
    Many places already do this... Blogs, forums, etc.

The problem with a writer doing this is your customer isn't going to want to share and its a pain to monitor if you had a lot of articles out there. Also if you're the writer with an adsense why not keep the article for yourself and make 100%?

I don't see how this would stop plagiarism or the quality of articles.... You still have the same issues you’re just putting a selling spin on it. The only thing that stops the quality issue is using a service that checks for quality and originality or using a writer that you KNOW is a great writer.
    Golf Outings? OutingCaddy.com
    Organize - Invite - Create Free website for your golf outing!

King of Paralysis by Analysis bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeRyder
    ok, so bad idea? wouldnt work? or your so stunned by the awesomeness of it your speechless? lol, no one has any feedback on this?
    Well as previously stated, it's been done before.

The truth is that most people would rather get the sure thing then have to rely on someone else to drive traffic, etc...

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has been implemented successfully for almost a year already at articler.com. There are already more than 35,000 articles and the community of article writers is continuously growing. Adsense on this site is shared with writers and they benefit from this, whereas, on other sites, they just get a link back or a one time payment.