0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

XML output CMS

Hey

im wondering if they are any CMS's out there that output in XML

basically im looking at delivering content in multiple formats
    i believe i can achieve it with XML
    but i dont want to re-invent the wheel so im looking for a CMS that outputs XML so i can populate with data and then try deliver the results to different media

SitePoint Evangelist Ian R. Gordon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ian Gordon
    CSS / XHTML / PHP Programmer
    http://www.iangordon.us

SitePoint Evangelist vikrantkorde's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi dionsiseire,

There is a technology called as Java Cocoon which has the same kind of concept. It works with XML and XSL
    Vikrant Korde
    S Y S T I M E, Mhape,
    Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.

The MacGyver of Design bronze trophy Johan Dahlström's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian R. Gordon
    I downloaded Symphony some time ago when I learned it had been released as a freeware (it may sound cheap, but truth be told, I'd gladly pay for it today!). I was looking for a really flexible CMS to use on my site and the use of XML/XSLT templating really attracted me. Today, after some time learning my way around and how everything works, I cannot tell you just how much I love this CMS. I've never come across ANYTHING even close to Symphony when it comes to flexibitlity – I have yet to figure out a task that cannot be solved with this CMS. With the use of XML/XSLT and XPath, there's no limmitations in how you gather, sort and filter data. And the structure of the system itself – the way different parts of the applications work together – is so smart that you can build incredibly complex sites with lots of different parts without ever losing even an ounce of flexibility. And as we know, the use of XML allows for integration with a lot of formats, for example Flash.

The only downside with Symphony is that it has quite a bit of learning curve. And since there's almost no documentation at all available, getting used to and understanding what does what, takes time. But once you start putting the pieces together, you will unavoidably discover the HUGH benefits and vast possibilities that this CMS brings.
    http://www.johandahlstrom.se
    Not rebootin' on November 1st! (but shortly after)
    flickr