User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Validation question

Is there a way to validate a whole site at once? I'm using the w3's HTML validator and haven't seen a way to do it other than page by page. Also, for some reason, I'm not able to validate my local files which means I have to reupload every time I make changes.

Also, the site is in PHP and I'm using quite a lot of templates. Some popup pages are dynamically generated using $_GET or $_POST variables. I'm not sure how to validate those aside from copy/pasting the top and bottom template portions to the body portions of each of the popup window content files and validating that new page one at a time.

Any tips?

SitePoint Author silver trophybronze trophy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for the second problem, an easy way is to use Opera. Just press Ctrl+Alt+V, and it will send the page from the cache (i.e., the generated HTML) to the validator. An excellent way to validate server-side generated pages, or pages behind a firewall.

I'm sure there is some extension or other for Firefox that does the same, but since I don't use it, I don't know which one.
    Birnam wood is come to Dunsinane

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Tailslide's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can add a function to the FF web developer toolbar that runs the whole site through the WDG validator - alternatively you can use the link on this site - look at the bottom left box and click on "HTML - Site Wide" to do the same thing.
    Little Blue Plane Web Design
    Blood, Sweat & Rust - A Land Rover restoration project