User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this possible with Google Maps?

Hi,

Been looking at google maps, but i am not sure if this is possible, what do you think?

1) Fill database with places (refering to lat + long values) + put markers on google map.
    2) Users can then browse the map, click on a marker to select the location which referes to a place in a database.

I know I can add markers to a map. Not sure if it is possible for a user to click one, which then fills a box in a form though.

Any ideas welcome.

Thanks,

Steve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Steve

Just to understand this, are you just wanting your points to be clickable and information to appear if they're clicked? Or are you looking for people to be able to enter information into a box when they click on a point?

If it's the former, you can do all this quite easily using a tool we've just created over at http://www.aardvarkmap.net

Aaron

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, Google Maps can do this quite easily. The placed markers are by default clickable anyway.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know the markers are clickable, but can't see how you would identify which one has been clicked. (i.e. include in a form).

E.g. User goes onto site, clicks a hotel location on google map, and selects number of nights on a form. The form is submitted, and includes which hotel has been selected..

Thanks, Steve