SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation using Opera browser to pop an IE browser

HI there, May i know is there any way that i can click on a link on opera browser and it will pop up an Internet explorer browser with no scroll or resizing. Thank you..

Programming Team silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

open IE

I know Opera has the option to identify itself as IE. You may be able to get IE functionality for a page this way, but I think it was made a feature for back when some sites were written specifically for IE, so probably not.
    I haven't kept up-to-date with the newest Opera version, but chances are there is an "emulate IE" extension/option similar to Firefox's "IE view tab". This would most likely have the functionality of the IE browser (or most of it anyway).
    As for forcing user's to open a link in a specific browser, I think you either have to write the page to only work in IE and not in other browsers or let users choose what browser they view it in. Pop-ups can sometimes open a new browser window, but I know of no way to hi-jack a users system forcing it to open a different browser than the one they're using.

Programming Since 1978 silver trophybronze trophy felgall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Most places where Opera gets run don't have Internet Explorer. IE only runs on Windows while Opera also runs on Mac as well as many embedded applications such as PDAs, mobile phones, etc.
    Stephen J Chapman

javascriptexample.net, Book Reviews, follow me on Twitter
    HTML Help, CSS Help, JavaScript Help, PHP/mySQL Help, blog
    <input name="html5" type="text" required pattern="^$">

SitePoint Author silver trophybronze trophy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a custom button you can add to your Opera browser, which will open the current URL in IE. You don't have any control over the appearance of the IE window chrome, though.
    Birnam wood is come to Dunsinane