SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Javascript Question

In a form there is a way to calculate certain things as each form field is being filled in. This calculation is real time and automatically appears in another form field on the same page. Can someone please tell me how to do such a thing. I have ICQ and my number is 41043170. My AOL Screen name is god3142. My e-mail is god3142@home.com. I will also check this message post for responses. So any way of contacting is fine. Thank you.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    depending on what you want to calculate, you can use the onChange() javascript method to call a function that could make the calculations. it is hard to give an example without knowing more of what you want to do. you can probably get more information on this in the client side scripting forum or feel free to email me if want, just click on me profile to email me. i have done things similar to this in the past.
    Wordpress Auto Installer
    www.webproco.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another more advanced way

You could also do this in .Net instead of javascript. Does your hosting provider cater for .Net? If you still haven't got a solution please post again.

Si

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi...i have just finished a build your own pc system at www.techbuy.com.au/custompc.asp that does exactly this take a look at the code behind it..should help you a bit.
    Get ConMan and run your own web site!

Want free programming eBooks? http://www.devarticles.com/ebooks.php