User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ie7 Flyout Menu Help

Hi guys,

I am currently updating websites due to the new release of IE7.

I am new to CSS i can read and edit a little but not that confident.

This site is php driven but the problem seems to be in the CSS.

http://www.eximo.com.au/

The menu works fine in IE6 but seems to have a problem in IE7.

The SubMenus don't seem to hover or float properly. Once you go over the menu it will show the submenus but once you try to click on the sub menus they disappear.

I have looked around in the web to fix the problem and i have found out that hover doesn't work that well in the new IE7. I am confused and don't want to edit the menu.css because it may change the site.

Can anyone help ?

http://www.eximo.com.au/ - website
    http://www.eximo.com.au/menu.css - CSS for the menu

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Tyssen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've given the menu some IE-only styles with the * html hack. IE7 doesn't understand this hack but it looks like it probably still needs those styles. You're probably better creating an IE-only stylesheet and serving it up with conditional comments.

In memoriam gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm on a library PC right now that's running IE 6, so I dont have access to 7.

What you may want to try in the meantime (until I can get a proper look at it) is add min-height: 1% to your nested lists (assuming they're lists - see the next sentence). These are the lists that are inside your main list (I didn't look at your code - I'll do that when I get home).

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi I'm also having a similar problem with IE7 and a css menu however this time the menu seems to work fine until you click anywhere on the page that is not on the menu, then when you next go to the menu the flyout sections stay out and overlap. Does anyone know why this is happening.
    my page is here and the full css file is here all the relervent css is under the heading of /*navigation */

I'm afraid to say i got the coding for the menu so long ago I have no idea if I got it from a site or it was a combination of a number of sites. I've looked on line and can't find the version I am using and so far I have been unable to find one that implerments well.

Hope you can help

Sam