SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IE7 broke my windows.prompt

For some unknown reason, microsoft is treating all javascript prompt()'s as a scripted window now

Message I got from IE7:
    Code:
    This website is using a scripted window to ask you for information. If you trust this website, click here to allow scripted windows.
    This is ridiculous??
    This window is a window popup from the browser, and all it prompt for is a textfield for user to enter some text. I did not script this window so why can't user trust this prompt??? I should be the one considering whether i should trust the user on what text they enter which may break my javascript code.

Enough rant, any guru here have another way to get the same effect as prompt?

. shoooo... silver trophy logic_earth's Avatar
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats how things are people who abuse the system ruin it for the rest of us.

As an alternative, Lightbox?
    Logic without the fatal effects.
    All code snippets are licensed under WTFPL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually is more of a reason that IE team being too stupid..sorry i have to say this. Just look at this test: http://secunia.com/multiple_browsers...rability_test/

Compare it with FireFox and IE7 on how each browser handle this. I mean just see how FireFox can solve this issue WITHOUT breaking common functionalities! Ultimately, the whole IE7 is just not good at all!?!

More rant for IE
    - Javascript debugging - you have to download and install a debugger to debug because its browser's debugger is just garbage.
    - The whole phising system just slows down the browser on an average pc.
    - The view source code, NOTEPAD! What a lazy way of doing things. FireFox view source code is cool with colors .
    - I can't delete individual cookies by the browser

I used to love IE during the IE5.0-5.5 days. But not now anymore
    FireFox! Please do something to earn more market share! Package yourself with PCs! To hell with their (IE) cake! Send them yours and with your beautiful fox logo on it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by logic_earth
    Thats how things are people who abuse the system ruin it for the rest of us.

As an alternative, Lightbox?
    Hey thanks man. That's a good idea but will see how it makes my code more complex...