SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi
    I need to put a site map as a flow chart in the home page I am currently working on. I arranged everything with tables (sometimes nested tables). There are some vertical and horizontal lines. I made the lines with 1x1 px black gif and resized. So far so good. However, the problem occurred with Netscape. Everything looked good with IE but NS. When I adjusted it for NS, IE did not work. The main problem was with the line (the balck gif) alignment. Although I used in every row the same sized cells but the lines appeared differently in both browsers.
    Is anyone familiar with such a problem?
    I have two htm files for two browsers. However, my project manager tells me to reduce it to one and have only one file for both browsers.
    Please, give me some tips, I am getting nuts otherwise.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using the cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 border=0 attributes on the table tag usually helps solve much of the problems with IE and Netscape differences. If it's what you're looking for that's another story, but if you haven't tried have a look and see if it changes something.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If D-Man's answer fails to solve the problem, put the page online at a temporary URL and let us have a look.

------------------
    -Kevin Yank.
    http://www.SitePoint.com/
    Helping Small Business Grow Online!