SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am working on a project and i will like to have the screen tints(at least of the home page) of most of the web sites that i will like to write about.

Most of the webmasters i contacted are not giving me serious responses/attention. Can anybody advise me on how to solve this problem?.

I will appreciate your attention and thanks.

fash

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't quite understand what you're talking about... Do you want the visitor's monitor to tint when they visit your site? If so then you can't because that would open a possibility to damage monitors.

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Screen tints??? Or Screen Shots/Captures???

A tint is an additive you use to create color and make up the many shades and hues available to us in the color spectrum.

A Screen Shot/Capture is a graphic of your current screen saved to the harddrive.

If your going to be saving screen shots of a website and writing articles or reviews about them, then you don't need permission. You can take the screen shot under fair use laws (Double check with your government's rules and regulations though). The graphics can't be editable and you can't claim that you created the webpage.

------------------
    Wayne Luke - Sitepoint Moderator/Internet Media Developer
    Digital Magician Studios - Making Magic with Web Applications
    wluke@digitalmagician.com

fashola olajide
    SitePoint Community Guest
    When we read a review on a web site in the web design press. We usually find a photo of the site, usually the home page of the same site to illustrate the article. That is my question, how go i get such photos?.

And let me thank those who took the pain to reply to my question.Once again thanks a lot.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're talking about screen shots. As Wayne said, in the US and most other countries no permission is needed to snap a screenshot of a Web site.

To go about doing it, press (in Windows) the Print Screen physical button on your keyboard, then go into your favorite graphics manipulation program, paste, then save.

fashola olajide
    SitePoint Community Guest
    This is to thank you once again for your attention. Its nice to see this point clarified and i hope to get back to you all very soon.

Thanks