User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DropDownList in DataGrid

Hi,

I have a template column for a dropdown list in my datagrid.

What I need to do is fire some sort of event for each row, that will build a different dataset for each row.

I can build the dataset easily, however it's the doing it for each row that's bugging me.

I've seen an example which uses a row created method. However this was using a gridview. Unfortunately I'm using .NET 1.0

so in summary, I have an empty dropdown list in every row, I just need a way to choose a dataset for each individual row (or maybe keep the same dataset but change the data that is pulled into it. I guess it's an event I'm looking for.

Thanks!

SitePoint Author silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The DataRowBound event is in the DataGrid as well. I might have the name wrong, but look at the events in the documentation. There is one.

As for the other issue (repeated hits to the db)--you are better off querying the in-memory dataset presuming the query is not complex.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've managed to find the onDataBound event which will do pretty much the same thing. It involves pulling up the dataset, returning some values from it, then building a dropdown list from the values..and binding it.

It's only taken me all day to do!

Ah well..I'll know for next time