SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Web-Based Mail Folders and Email Clients

I currently have several web-based email accounts with Yahoo! and Hotmail. I am aware that I can check all my accounts at one time with an email client such as Outlook or Eudora, however, I was wondering if there is also a way to manages my email folders I have in my Yahoo! and Hotmail accounts and not just the emails in the inbox. Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i could be wrong, but my experience with POP3 accounts is that you can't manage folders for your web based accounts. If you create on in outlook it is specificly in outlook and not in yahoo or hotmail.
    Free Science Homework Help
    http://www.physicsforums.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, I think acoolguy meant the reverse situation - online email folders with the yahoo or hotmail accounts. But the same thing is true - you can't download mail from other folders, just the Inbox.

I cleaned out my yahoo account awhile ago - first downloaded everything from the inbox. Then manually moved everything (including sent mail - your pop3 mail program doesn't care whether you sent it or received it) to the (online) inbox, folder by folder. If you want to dump it in specific folders when you download, you can set up messaging rules for each batch.

Yahoo now makes you sign up for at least one newsletter (special offers type stuff - blech) before they allow you to use pop3 access. Don't know about hotmail.
    RedFish

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    with hotmail you can do this using outlook express. it does not use the standard pop3 connection.