SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Framework 2 Install Problems

I recently developed a windows application on my laptop. I wanted to install it on this computer to test it. Its been a day of messing around so far and I still cant figure this out. Everytime I try to install the 2.0 Framework it just doesnt start. I start the dotnetfx.exe and it goes through the quick extracting deal. After that nothing happenes. I left my comptuer on for 2 hours and still nothing happened. I look at the task manager and install.exe eats up 98 to 99% of the CPU the whole entire time. I also see dotnetfx.exe running.

I dont understand what I am missing or why im not receiving any errors as to way its not installing. I also installed the 1.1 framework in case it needed it but im still having the same results.

When I tried to install my app on this computer the installer automatically detected that I didnt have the 2.0 framework so it also tried to install it from there with no luck. It downloaded the file in a minute and then I left it on for another couple of hours where the progress bar went through start to finish around 8 times.

Can anyone offer any ideas?

Thank you!

SitePoint Mentor NightStalker-DNS's Avatar
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is either a problem with your PC that maybe requires a re-install. or maybe the install file is corrupt.

Try downloading it again. If it still doest work, try and download the express install of Visual C# developer that installs from online and see if it installs the .NET from work like that.

Good luck.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your help. That one didnt work either. I asked a few of my friends and I found out what it was.

I have panda titanium antivirus and it seemed to have blocked it without giving me notifications. As soon as I disabled it and tried to run it again it worked perfectly.