SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast C.Smith WebSites's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PHP Directory / Yellow Pages Commercial Script

Does anybody know of any php mysql scripts that can be used to create a local business directory / yellow pages.

I need one with categorys, ability to acept payments for featured listings preferably through some sort of IPN, individual pages for the businesses allowing: photographs, contact details, opening times etc.

I have found www.phpmydirectory.com but wondering if anybody knows of any alternatives or have used any and have any advice.

I have a $100 budget.

Thanks, Chris.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    edirectory.com is brilliant, but I think you will need to increase you budget somewhat.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been looking for a decent business directory for years now, but there really isn't anything good available for small sites with limited budgets. Judging from the recent activity regarding directories on this site alone, there is a real need in the marketplace for something like this, but no one is paying attention.

Andrew

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kiviniar
    No offence, but it's basically the same as every other yahoo style directory out there that tries to disguise a link directory as a directory for bricks and mortar businesses. Where is the ability to view listings by location? That's the most important feature for a business directory, and that's what's missing from almost every one of these yahoo style directories. If I'm looking for biz in a specific category or two in my hometown, or a city I will be visiting on a business trip, I don't want to wade through every listing to find it.

You also have to be able to list businesses in more than one category. Rarely will any business fit into just one category, and by providing multi-cat listings you increase the chance of a biz being found, which is good for sales.

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy bluedreamer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PHPMyDirectory is probably the best you will get for your budget, and it's far better than some more expensive scripts. Saying that it does have a ton of useful features and a simple templating mechanism, which is well worth it.

SitePoint Enthusiast Simon Gooffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would advise to check eSyndiCat software. 12 different templates you can choose from + a great number of templates in downloads area.
    ability to acept payments
    There are two payment modules integrated. PayPal + 2checkout.

individual pages for the businesses allowing
    You can create additional fields you wish in admin panel. And they will be displayed on your pages with no template editing

And another important thing - price.. Just $49. It's a life time fee with no additional fee for all future upgrades check eSyndiCat http://www.esyndicat.com/
    Directory Software - ultimate tool to build your own directory

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am using PHPMyDirectory, PHPLinkDirectory, eSyndicat, IndexU, CPLinks/DYDynalinks but in your case, I would say PHPMyDirectory is the best option.
    Contact us for all your Search Engine Marketing Needs -
    SEO Affordable SEO Packages